Plugin install error: TypeError: self.onAction is not a function
Duft Markus
2018-06-11 08:07:27 UTC
Hey,

On current master with our plugins I'm getting "Plugin install error: TypeError: self.onAction is not a function" whenever loading any page in PolyGerrit. I tried to figure out which plugin causes the issue, but I'm unable to find any logs. Also the dev console is not very helpful:

HTTP 200 GET 64ms /changes/?O=881&S=0&q=is%3Aope..................[snip]
gr-app.js:1466 Plugin install error: TypeError: self.onAction is not a function
gr-app.js:1452 .panel() is deprecated! Use registerCustomComponent() instead.
Plugin.panel @ gr-app.js:1452
gr-app.js:1467 Plugin lfs installed.
gr-app.js:1467 Plugin ssi_logo-1 installed.
gr-app.js:1370 pageLoaded should be called after window.onload
pageLoaded @ gr-app.js:1370
gr-app.js:1368 App Started: 783

I suspect that it is a plugin which wants to contribute something to the UI, which in my case would be (only plugins not in core):

avatars-gravatar
delete-project
gitiles
lfs

Is there a place where I can find more information, or, even better, can I somehow change the log message to include the offending plugin name? I'm building from source anyway :)

Cheers,
Markus

--
Mit freundlichen GrÌßen / Best regards

Markus Duft | Software Architect
SSI SCHÄFER | SSI SchÀfer IT Solutions GmbH | Friesachstraße 15 | 8114 Friesach bei Graz | Austria
Phone +43 3127 200-575 | Fax +43 3127 200-22
***@ssi-schaefer.com<mailto:***@ssi-schaefer.com>
Website<http://www.salomon.at/> | Blog<http://www.ssi-schaefer.de/blog/> | YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/user/lagerlogistik1> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/SSI.SCHAEFER.DE>

SSI SchÀfer IT Solutions GmbH | Friesachstrasse 15 | 8114 Friesach | Austria
Registered Office: Friesach | Commercial Register: 49324 K | VAT no. ATU28654300
Commercial Court: Landesgericht fÃŒr Zivilrechtssachen Graz
David Pursehouse
2018-06-11 08:26:36 UTC
Hey,
TypeError: self.onAction is not a function” whenever loading any page in
PolyGerrit. I tried to figure out which plugin causes the issue, but I’m
HTTP 200 GET 64ms /changes/?O=881&S=0&q=is%3Aope

[snip]
gr-app.js:1466 Plugin install error: TypeError: self.onAction is not a function
gr-app.js:1452 .panel() is deprecated! Use registerCustomComponent() instead.
gr-app.js:1467 Plugin lfs installed.
gr-app.js:1467 Plugin ssi_logo-1 installed.
gr-app.js:1370 pageLoaded should be called after window.onload
gr-app.js:1368 App Started: 783
I suspect that it is a plugin which wants to contribute something to the
avatars-gravatar
delete-project
gitiles
lfs
Of those plugins, delete-project is the only one as far as I can see that
calls onAction:

delete-project $ git grep onAction
src/main/resources/static/delete-project.js: self.onAction('project',
'delete', onDeleteProject);

There's a change up for review that adds polygerrit support for this plugin:

https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/c/plugins/delete-project/+/140591

I have not tried it myself...
Is there a place where I can find more information, or, even better, can I
somehow change the log message to include the offending plugin name? I’m
building from source anyway J
Cheers,
Markus
--
Mit freundlichen GrÌßen / Best regards
Markus Duft | Software Architect
SSI SCHÄFER | SSI SchÀfer IT Solutions GmbH | Friesachstraße 15 | 8114
<https://maps.google.com/?q=Friesachstra%C3%9Fe+15+%7C+8114&entry=gmail&source=g>
Friesach bei Graz | Austria
Phone +43 3127 200-575 <+43%203127%20200575> | Fax +43 3127 200-22
<https://maps.google.com/?q=Friesachstrasse+15+%7C+8114&entry=gmail&source=g>
Friesach | Austria
Registered Office: Friesach | Commercial Register: 49324 K | VAT no. ATU28654300
Commercial Court: Landesgericht fÃŒr Zivilrechtssachen Graz
---
Duft Markus
2018-06-11 08:37:22 UTC
Thanks for the info ☺

[...]

SSI SCHÄFER | SSI SchÀfer IT Solutions GmbH | Friesachstraße 15 | 8114<https://maps.google.com/?q=Friesachstra%C3%9Fe+15+%7C+8114&entry=gmail&source=g> Friesach bei Graz | Austria
Phone +43 3127 200-575<tel:+43%203127%20200575> | Fax +43 3127 200-22

SSI SchÀfer IT Solutions GmbH | Friesachstrasse 15 | 8114<https://maps.google.com/?q=Friesachstrasse+15+%7C+8114&entry=gmail&source=g> Friesach | Austria