Problem fetching refs/meta/config
Kenny Ho
2014-09-12 22:04:11 UTC

I am really stumped on fetching refs/meta/config. I tried following all
the instruction I can find here but no luck.

I have already set the project access as follow:

I am in the Administrators group.
Then I did the following:
git clone gerritserver:/testProj .
git ls-remote gerritserver:/testProj

But all I get is this:
7e97e5ef19e091fe10835eee6d57805901f42502 HEAD
7e97e5ef19e091fe10835eee6d57805901f42502 refs/heads/master

Am I missing any permission? I am using Gerrit 2.9 with LDAP for
authentication and group. With the following plugins installed:
Plugin NameSettingsVersionStatusdeleteproject
<http://atlvgits01:8080/plugins/deleteproject/>2.9Enableddownload-commands
<http://atlvgits01:8080/plugins/download-commands/>v2.9Enabledreplication
<http://atlvgits01:8080/plugins/replication/>v2.9Enabledreviewnotes
<http://atlvgits01:8080/plugins/reviewnotes/>v2.9Enabledsingleusergroup
<http://atlvgits01:8080/plugins/singleusergroup/>v2.9Enabled
If I do git fetch origin refs/meta/config I get fatal: Couldn't find remote
ref refs/meta/config
Alex Blewitt
2014-09-12 22:52:59 UTC
Does the all-projects define exclusive access for refs/meta/config for the owner only?

Sent from my iPhone 5
Hi,
I am really stumped on fetching refs/meta/config. I tried following all the instruction I can find here but no luck.
I am in the Administrators group.
git clone gerritserver:/testProj .
git ls-remote gerritserver:/testProj
7e97e5ef19e091fe10835eee6d57805901f42502 HEAD
7e97e5ef19e091fe10835eee6d57805901f42502 refs/heads/master
Plugin Name Settings Version Status
deleteproject 2.9 Enabled
download-commands v2.9 Enabled
replication v2.9 Enabled
reviewnotes v2.9 Enabled
singleusergroup v2.9 Enabled
If I do git fetch origin refs/meta/config I get fatal: Couldn't find remote ref refs/meta/config
---
Kenny Ho
2014-09-12 23:12:48 UTC
It was exclusive to Administrators, Project Owner and user/Kenny Ho
(myself.)

I just took off the exclusivity at the All-Project and ssh gerritserver
gerrit flush-caches --all and it worked!

But I don't understand what just happened. I thought the exclusivity
affects whilecard refs. Also, the exclusive applied to "Read" and under
<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Px6UBBK2Yzw/VBNsneZe5CI/AAAAAAAAEGY/FevoCjGA0DM/s1600/Capture.PNG>
Roy Zeng
2014-09-15 08:34:03 UTC
You can try below steps for the config:

mkdir tmp
cd tmp
git init
git pull gerritserver/repo_name refs/meta/config
vi project.config

The above steps initializes an empty git repository and pulls the
refs/meta/config from your Gerrit project. After that you can edit the file
and add the label if needed. And finally commit this change and push it
back to the reference refs/meta/config of the project at Gerrit Central.

git commit project.config
git push gerritserver/repo_name HEAD:refs/meta/config

You can refer to
http://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/user-notify.html

圚 2014幎9月13日星期六UTC+8䞊午6时04分11秒Kenny Ho写道
Hi,